More than half of US consumers (56%) don’t know what an EMV credit card is and 53% have not yet received one, research from Harbortouch reveals. 60% of consumers with an income of $25,000-$49,999 were unaware of EMV cards compared to 26% earning $150,000 and above. “Only 50.8% feel the technology will make them more secure,” the company adds.
- UK consumers eye up iris scanning for banking biometrics
- LG to develop its own MST technology?
- Samsung Pay set to go live in Canada?
- NXP to be bought by Qualcomm in US$47bn deal
- NFC to lead sharp rise in global smart packaging market