Fans of the Pittsburgh Penguins ice hockey team will receive exclusive content on their mobile device when attending games at the Consol Energy Center throughout the 2015-2016 season via Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) beacons. “Beacon-triggered content will include greeting fans as they enter the arena with special content, an interactive experience at the Mario Lemieux statue and concession offers and discounts,” platform provider Rover says.
- Apple Pay arriving in Germany?
- Chicago mobile ticket app hits 1m downloads
- Dubai bus passengers to get hands-free smart ticketing
- Visa works on blockchain B2B payment system
- Pizza Hut offers NFC tattoos that let customers order favourite takeaway