Samsung Pay has signed up more than 500,000 users since its introduction in Korea in August 2015. “If this trend continues, it seems to be only a matter of time to surpass 1m subscribers in 1 to 2 months,” Business Korea reports. “Both the ICT industry and Samsung Electronics are apparently surprised.” The company is expected to launch Samsung Pay across the US later this month.
- Federal Reserve calls for industry input on payments security
- Bell ID’s TSP to help Japan Apple Pay integration
- G&D to deliver prepaid wristbands for concerts and events
- Apple Pay transactions up 500% year on year, CEO reports
- EMVCo adds biometrics to 3-D Secure