T-Mobile has reportedly begun pushing software updates to Samsung Pay supporting devices ahead of the mobile payment service’s launch in the US, expected today. “The update contains mostly tweaks to Samsung Pay,” Android Headlines reports. AT&T is also pushing out an Android 5.1.1 update for both the Samsung S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge that brings with it the addition of Samsung Pay, according to Android Central.
- Alipay gains acceptance in US and Europe
- EMVCo and Fido to deliver biometric authentication standards for mobile payments
- Mastercard adds online Masterpass payments to Android Pay, Samsung Pay and Microsoft Wallet
- Blockchain authentication for mobile transactions
- Intel to put Visa payments technology into connected devices