Restaurant payment app Velocity has acquired mobile payments solution Cover for an undisclosed sum. Cover is accepted at more than 350 restaurants in New York, San Francisco and Los Angeles. “The acquisition will accelerate the expansion of Velocity’s global hospitality platform, which connects premier restaurants with affluent diners, empowers them to settle their bill directly from their phone and builds loyalty through tailored status and rewards programs,” Velocity says.
- 600m mobile devices to include biometrics by 2021
- ANZ could offer mortgages through Apple Pay
- Mastercard and Verifone unveil Instalments payments app
- Austrian bank deploys NFC-ready ATMs
- Apple Pay launches in Spain