Restaurant payment app Velocity has acquired mobile payments solution Cover for an undisclosed sum. Cover is accepted at more than 350 restaurants in New York, San Francisco and Los Angeles. “The acquisition will accelerate the expansion of Velocity’s global hospitality platform, which connects premier restaurants with affluent diners, empowers them to settle their bill directly from their phone and builds loyalty through tailored status and rewards programs,” Velocity says.
- Alipay gains acceptance in US and Europe
- EMVCo and Fido to deliver biometric authentication standards for mobile payments
- Mastercard adds online Masterpass payments to Android Pay, Samsung Pay and Microsoft Wallet
- Blockchain authentication for mobile transactions
- Intel to put Visa payments technology into connected devices