The UK start-up that developed the NFC Ring in 2013 has begun raising funds on Kickstarter for its second generation device. “The 2016 NFC Ring boasts significant improvements,” the company says. “Most notable among these are improved operating range, improved storage size and a more refined user experience.” It is also in “active discussions” to add payment functionality.
- 600m mobile devices to include biometrics by 2021
- ANZ could offer mortgages through Apple Pay
- Mastercard and Verifone unveil Instalments payments app
- Austrian bank deploys NFC-ready ATMs
- Apple Pay launches in Spain