The UK start-up that developed the NFC Ring in 2013 has begun raising funds on Kickstarter for its second generation device. “The 2016 NFC Ring boasts significant improvements,” the company says. “Most notable among these are improved operating range, improved storage size and a more refined user experience.” It is also in “active discussions” to add payment functionality.
- Gemalto mobile security survey
- Stagecoach to deliver contactless payments on all its UK buses by 2018
- Azimo adds Siri money transfers
- Eckoh and Worldpay conduct first telephone-based Apple Pay transaction
- Android Pay launches in Hong Kong