Scotiabank-owned direct bank Tangerine is reportedly experimenting with facial recognition technology on mobile devices. “The bank was the first in Canada to allow check deposits by taking photos with mobile phones in 2013 and to use fingerprint scanning and voice-enabled banking,” Bloomberg reports. “Tangerine is now delving deeper into such biometric technology to improve customer experience and security.”
- Apple Pay arriving in Germany?
- Chicago mobile ticket app hits 1m downloads
- Dubai bus passengers to get hands-free smart ticketing
- Visa works on blockchain B2B payment system
- Pizza Hut offers NFC tattoos that let customers order favourite takeaway