Passengers who book one of 17,000 ComfortDelGro taxis in Singapore can now pay their fare using their mobile phone and MasterCard’s MasterPass. “Once a MasterPass wallet is successfully created, they can go to the ComfortDelGro taxi booking app, where they select Connect with MasterPass to pair up their MasterPass account with the taxi booking app for payment of taxi bookings,” the firm says.
- Alipay gains acceptance in US and Europe
- EMVCo and Fido to deliver biometric authentication standards for mobile payments
- Mastercard adds online Masterpass payments to Android Pay, Samsung Pay and Microsoft Wallet
- Blockchain authentication for mobile transactions
- Intel to put Visa payments technology into connected devices