Commuters in the Canadian city of Calgary could soon pay for city services using their smartphones. “A Request for Proposals issued last month indicates the city is looking at launching an eTicketing app that would give customers the ability to purchase passes on the go,” Calgary Herald reports. “The app could also potentially allow residents to purchase mobile tickets for city services like swimming at recreation facilities.”
- Apple Pay arriving in Germany?
- Chicago mobile ticket app hits 1m downloads
- Dubai bus passengers to get hands-free smart ticketing
- Visa works on blockchain B2B payment system
- Pizza Hut offers NFC tattoos that let customers order favourite takeaway