Zwipe, maker of a contactless payment card that includes an integrated fingerprint sensor, has raised US$5m in funding from Photon Future. “The Series B investment enables Zwipe to accelerate the commercialisation of its biometric authentication technology to finance further research and development activities,” the company says. The investment brings the total amount raised by Zwipe to $11m.
- 600m mobile devices to include biometrics by 2021
- ANZ could offer mortgages through Apple Pay
- Mastercard and Verifone unveil Instalments payments app
- Austrian bank deploys NFC-ready ATMs
- Apple Pay launches in Spain