US consumers will use their smartphones to make mobile payments at the point of sale five times a week by 2018 and, by 2020, 20% of POS transaction volume will be conducted via mobile devices, research from Carlisle & Gallagher Consulting Group reveals. “Mobile will account for at least 60% of US digital commerce revenue by 2020,” the company adds.
- 600m mobile devices to include biometrics by 2021
- ANZ could offer mortgages through Apple Pay
- Mastercard and Verifone unveil Instalments payments app
- Austrian bank deploys NFC-ready ATMs
- Apple Pay launches in Spain