US consumers will use their smartphones to make mobile payments at the point of sale five times a week by 2018 and, by 2020, 20% of POS transaction volume will be conducted via mobile devices, research from Carlisle & Gallagher Consulting Group reveals. “Mobile will account for at least 60% of US digital commerce revenue by 2020,” the company adds.
- Alipay gains acceptance in US and Europe
- EMVCo and Fido to deliver biometric authentication standards for mobile payments
- Mastercard adds online Masterpass payments to Android Pay, Samsung Pay and Microsoft Wallet
- Blockchain authentication for mobile transactions
- Intel to put Visa payments technology into connected devices