Some 1.3m Polish consumers are now using Blik, the mobile payments service backed by six of the country’s banks that lets customers make in-store and online payments, withdraw cash from ATMs and send P2P transfers with their mobile phones. The service launched in November 2014 and is based on technology originally developed by PKO Bank Polski for its Iko mobile payments service.
- Apple Pay targets US retail and transport expansion
- Pakistan bank offers mobile ATM cash withdrawals
- Samsung Pay set for 2017 UK launch
- Canadian bank replaces NFC SIM-based service with HCE
- Android Pay launches in Ireland