Some 1.3m Polish consumers are now using Blik, the mobile payments service backed by six of the country’s banks that lets customers make in-store and online payments, withdraw cash from ATMs and send P2P transfers with their mobile phones. The service launched in November 2014 and is based on technology originally developed by PKO Bank Polski for its Iko mobile payments service.
- LG to develop its own MST technology?
- Samsung Pay set to go live in Canada?
- NXP to be bought by Qualcomm in US$47bn deal
- NFC to lead sharp rise in global smart packaging market
- New MacBook Pro to support Touch ID?