Some 8% of UK millennials see mobile payments becoming their primary payment method over the next decade, compared with 80% choosing cards and 11% saying cash, research from Compass Plus shows. “Over 80% of the millennial respondents chose either a debit, credit or contactless card as the payment method they will use the most in 10 years time,” the findings reveal.
- US consumers ‘largely unfamiliar’ with contactless and mobile payments, research shows
- Mastercard to roll out biometric ID service in North America
- PayPal to be payment option in Messenger app
- App users positive on mobile payments
- Mastercard to launch artificial intelligence bots for banks and merchants