Korean startup Hankook NFC has reportedly applied for a patent for a hardware module that would allow consumers to use Samsung Pay to transfer money between devices and pay with a credit card. “Once the module is installed, smartphones can be used as mobile credit card payment terminals,” Business Korea reports. “When you order some food for delivery or go to a gas station, you can pay for food or gas with your smartphone without any wireless credit card payment devices.”
- Apple Pay arriving in Germany?
- Chicago mobile ticket app hits 1m downloads
- Dubai bus passengers to get hands-free smart ticketing
- Visa works on blockchain B2B payment system
- Pizza Hut offers NFC tattoos that let customers order favourite takeaway