Indian mobile wallet provider Paytm is to hire 3,000 people to roll out its payments bank services by the first quarter of next year. “The structure of the executive committee for the payments bank is being given shape, while Paytm awaits a final nod from the Reserve Bank of India,” The Times of India reports. The company agreed a “strategic investment” from Alibaba and its affiliate Ant Financial in September.
- Bank of America adds AI to mobile app
- US consumers ‘largely unfamiliar’ with contactless and mobile payments, research shows
- Mastercard to roll out biometric ID service in North America
- PayPal to be payment option in Messenger app
- App users positive on mobile payments