Indian mobile wallet provider Paytm is to hire 3,000 people to roll out its payments bank services by the first quarter of next year. “The structure of the executive committee for the payments bank is being given shape, while Paytm awaits a final nod from the Reserve Bank of India,” The Times of India reports. The company agreed a “strategic investment” from Alibaba and its affiliate Ant Financial in September.
- 600m mobile devices to include biometrics by 2021
- ANZ could offer mortgages through Apple Pay
- Mastercard and Verifone unveil Instalments payments app
- Austrian bank deploys NFC-ready ATMs
- Apple Pay launches in Spain