Wearable payments provider FitPay and connected watch maker Connectedevice have developed a smartstrap for the Pebble Time range of smartwatches that lets wearers make NFC payments. “Pagaré will use NFC technology combined with card network tokenization to interact with POS terminals at retail locations,” Fit Pay says. “Pagaré will leverage Fit Pay’s Trusted Payment Manager (TM) platform, which enables contactless payment capabilities on a wide range of wearable devices.”
- Apple Pay arriving in Germany?
- Chicago mobile ticket app hits 1m downloads
- Dubai bus passengers to get hands-free smart ticketing
- Visa works on blockchain B2B payment system
- Pizza Hut offers NFC tattoos that let customers order favourite takeaway