Vodafone Wallet users in Europe will be able to make payments with their NFC phone using MasterCard cards “within weeks”, the mobile network operator has announced. “Contactless card payments using Vodafone Wallet require a Vodafone NFC SIM and are supported on more than 60 Android smartphones.” Vodafone Wallet launched in September 2013 and is currently live in Spain, Germany, The Netherlands, the UK, Italy and Hungary.
- Indian government working on Aadhaar mobile payments app
- Wirecard to integrate insurance into Boon
- Army cadets develop NFC medical bracelet
- Royal Mint to develop blockchain for gold trade
- Battery-less smartwatch powered by body heat