State Bank of India (SBI) is to launch Batua, a mobile wallet service that works on feature phones, The Economic Times reports. “The bank is also planning to launch another version of Batua for very basic phones which does not offer internet access and does not entail downloading any app.” SBI is one of six banks currently testing a mobile payments service developed by Visa in Bangalore.
- Alipay gains acceptance in US and Europe
- EMVCo and Fido to deliver biometric authentication standards for mobile payments
- Mastercard adds online Masterpass payments to Android Pay, Samsung Pay and Microsoft Wallet
- Blockchain authentication for mobile transactions
- Intel to put Visa payments technology into connected devices