Apple Pay may go live in Australia on November 19, following its launch in Canada earlier this week. “Though Apple Pay only links with American Express cards for now, it’s understood Apple has signed up with over 1,000 banks globally and is keen to gain similar traction in Australia,” The Australian reports. Apple Pay launched in the US in October 2014 and has been live in the UK since July 2015.
- 600m mobile devices to include biometrics by 2021
- ANZ could offer mortgages through Apple Pay
- Mastercard and Verifone unveil Instalments payments app
- Austrian bank deploys NFC-ready ATMs
- Apple Pay launches in Spain