Indian mobile wallet provider Oxigen Wallet is in talks with Visa, MasterCard and RuPay over launching virtual prepaid cards in the country, Economic Times reports. “Today, a wallet is accepted at a merchant’s platform only if the merchant has agreed to accept it,” chief executive Ankur Saxena said. “This (virtual prepaid card) allows us the freedom to have the wallet accepted anywhere a Visa, MasterCard and RuPay gets accepted. We don’t want our wallet to be limited to X number of merchants; we want it to be used everywhere.”
- Apple Pay arriving in Germany?
- Chicago mobile ticket app hits 1m downloads
- Dubai bus passengers to get hands-free smart ticketing
- Visa works on blockchain B2B payment system
- Pizza Hut offers NFC tattoos that let customers order favourite takeaway