US transit operators San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency (SFMTA), the New Orleans Regional Transit Authority (NORTA) and the Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) have launched mobile ticketing services. SFMTA’s MuniMobile service uses QR codes and Norta is using Masabi‘s QR code-based JustRide platform. CTA’s service lets Metra bus passengers buy tickets using its Ventra app. CTA plans to add NFC to the app in the future.
- Delhi commuters to get wearable travel cards
- School children test wearable payments in Singapore
- US banks unveil money-transfer app
- US banks told to improve cyber security
- Face recognition ticketing system unveiled