US connected device maker Coin is piloting a rewards program that gives users of its EMV-ready electronic magnetic stripe card cashback benefits at retail locations across the Bay Area. “Coin Rewards places cash back directly into the pockets of consumers through gift cards,” Coin says. The company launched its NFC-ready Coin 2.0 in August 2015 and has recorded over 2.5m transactions across 200,000 shipped devices.
- Bank of America adds AI to mobile app
- US consumers ‘largely unfamiliar’ with contactless and mobile payments, research shows
- Mastercard to roll out biometric ID service in North America
- PayPal to be payment option in Messenger app
- App users positive on mobile payments