Smartwatches will be used to access banking apps 10m times in 2017, rising to more than 100m times by 2020, Juniper Research predicts. “While wearables, including smartwatches and glasses, are not suited for conducting complicated financial instructions, wrist-based wearables will become a key device for multi-factor authentication,” the company says.
- Apple Pay arriving in Germany?
- Chicago mobile ticket app hits 1m downloads
- Dubai bus passengers to get hands-free smart ticketing
- Visa works on blockchain B2B payment system
- Pizza Hut offers NFC tattoos that let customers order favourite takeaway