Luxury watchmaker Swatch has signed a contract with Visa to roll out its Bellamy NFC payment watch following its debut in China in October 2015. “[Swatch CEO] Nick Hayek confirmed that a contract was signed with Visa — he gave no further details,” Le Temps reports. The newspaper says that the brand is preparing to launch Bellamy in countries including the US and Switzerland in early 2016.
- 600m mobile devices to include biometrics by 2021
- ANZ could offer mortgages through Apple Pay
- Mastercard and Verifone unveil Instalments payments app
- Austrian bank deploys NFC-ready ATMs
- Apple Pay launches in Spain