More than 100 retailers and hospitality locations across the city of Tilburg in the Netherlands have begun installing Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) beacons to send out targeted messages to customers. “The technology was demonstrated last summer at the Fair in Tilburg,” Emerce reports. The platform is scheduled to roll out to other cities in the Netherlands including Breda, Oirschot and Etten-Leur.
- Apple Pay arriving in Germany?
- Chicago mobile ticket app hits 1m downloads
- Dubai bus passengers to get hands-free smart ticketing
- Visa works on blockchain B2B payment system
- Pizza Hut offers NFC tattoos that let customers order favourite takeaway