More than 100 retailers and hospitality locations across the city of Tilburg in the Netherlands have begun installing Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) beacons to send out targeted messages to customers. “The technology was demonstrated last summer at the Fair in Tilburg,” Emerce reports. The platform is scheduled to roll out to other cities in the Netherlands including Breda, Oirschot and Etten-Leur.
- 600m mobile devices to include biometrics by 2021
- ANZ could offer mortgages through Apple Pay
- Mastercard and Verifone unveil Instalments payments app
- Austrian bank deploys NFC-ready ATMs
- Apple Pay launches in Spain