Visa has announced that the host card emulation (HCE) based mobile payments service launched by United Overseas Bank (UOB) in November is the first in Asia Pacific to make use of the Visa Token Service. “UOB has implemented the Visa Token Service as part of its digital wallet UOB Mighty,” Visa says. The service lets customers in Singapore make mobile payments for transactions of any value at all Visa PayWave or MasterPass terminals.
- Mastercard signs deal to roll out mobile payments in 33 African countries
- Meet NFC World’s partners at Money20/20
- French electronic wallets merge to create ‘universal mobile payment solution’
- Gemalto mobile security survey
- Stagecoach to deliver contactless payments on all its UK buses by 2018