Facebook Messenger users across the US will soon be able to order and pay for an Uber taxi from within the chat app. “Within a conversation, tap the more menu and choose transportation,” Facebook says. “You can also search directly for Uber and tap the car icon to request a ride. For a limited time, you’ll get a free ride the first time you use this feature.” Payments are being processed by PayPal’s Braintree.
- Delhi commuters to get wearable travel cards
- School children test wearable payments in Singapore
- US banks unveil money-transfer app
- US banks told to improve cyber security
- Face recognition ticketing system unveiled