More than half of US online shoppers (56%) are interested in storing gift cards on their mobile phone, according to research from CashStar. “Residents of Western states expressed the most interest in mobile options (59%) and also are most interested in receiving digital gift cards versus plastic (22%),” the company says. “Younger shoppers are far more interested in storing gift cards on their mobile phones — 74% of 18-24 year olds vs. just 34% of those aged 66 and older.”
- Apple Pay arriving in Germany?
- Chicago mobile ticket app hits 1m downloads
- Dubai bus passengers to get hands-free smart ticketing
- Visa works on blockchain B2B payment system
- Pizza Hut offers NFC tattoos that let customers order favourite takeaway