A patent filed by Apple suggests that the company may be looking at letting iPhone users send money over iMessage as well as via phone calls, emails and calendar invitations. “The function could work in a number of ways,” Quartz reports. “It explicitly mentions a phone call, text messaging, conversations, an email thread and calendar events, among other uses.” News that Apple was working on a P2P payment service first surfaced in November 2015.
- Apple Pay arriving in Germany?
- Chicago mobile ticket app hits 1m downloads
- Dubai bus passengers to get hands-free smart ticketing
- Visa works on blockchain B2B payment system
- Pizza Hut offers NFC tattoos that let customers order favourite takeaway