Samsung Pay will become the mobile payments market leader in Asia, with a 49% share of the market in 2016, a Korean investment firm predicts. “Hyundai Securities is estimating that 200m Samsung smartphones will have Samsung Pay next year,” Etnews reports. “As Samsung joins hands with UnionPay, it is expected that Samsung Pay’s influence will expand starting from China.” Samsung announced its partnership with China UnionPay in December 2015.
- Android Pay launches in Ireland
- E-wallet added to Carrefour Romania app
- MacBook Pro Touch Bar has NFC controller
- Indian payments app ties up 15 mobile wallets
- Alipay expands across Europe after deals with major banks and payment providers