Fundraisers in the UK are to be equipped with a new generation of collection tins that will let passersby donate to charity with a tap of a contactless card. “The idea is that if someone has no coins on them, only cards, they will still be able to donate,” The UK Cards Association told NFC World. The association is developing the tins in partnership with UK charities including Cancer Research UK.
- 600m mobile devices to include biometrics by 2021
- ANZ could offer mortgages through Apple Pay
- Mastercard and Verifone unveil Instalments payments app
- Austrian bank deploys NFC-ready ATMs
- Apple Pay launches in Spain