Commuters in Navi Mumbai, India, are piloting a service provided by Birds Eye Systems that lets them pay for bus fares on their mobile phone. “The bus conductors carry a mobile device which can verify the e-ticket from the app,” Medianama reports. “The Ridlr app connects with a bus conductor’s mobile device via a combination of Bluetooth and wireless technology.” The pilot is being conducted in partnership with Navi Mumbai Municipal Transport (NMMT).
- Apple Pay arriving in Germany?
- Chicago mobile ticket app hits 1m downloads
- Dubai bus passengers to get hands-free smart ticketing
- Visa works on blockchain B2B payment system
- Pizza Hut offers NFC tattoos that let customers order favourite takeaway