Mercedes is showing its new E-Class cars with NFC entry for the first time at the Detroit Motor Show this week. “The drive authorisation system uses NFC and allows the driver’s smartphone to be used as a vehicle key,” the luxury car maker says. The E-Class also allows a phone to be paired with the car’s entertainment system via NFC by placing it on a Qi wireless charging pad built into the centre console. The new E-Class is expected to be available from the second quarter of 2016.
- Federal Reserve calls for industry input on payments security
- Bell ID’s TSP to help Japan Apple Pay integration
- G&D to deliver prepaid wristbands for concerts and events
- Apple Pay transactions up 500% year on year, CEO reports
- EMVCo adds biometrics to 3-D Secure