The Ventra mobile ticketing app introduced by Chicago’s Metra commuter rail service in November 2015 has been used by passengers on more than one million journeys in its first two months. “Since it debuted on November 19, the app has been downloaded by more than 250,000 people,” Metra says. “The app has so far been used to buy 221,000 Metra tickets, and those mobile tickets have now been used to pay for 1m rides.”
- Apple Pay arriving in Germany?
- Chicago mobile ticket app hits 1m downloads
- Dubai bus passengers to get hands-free smart ticketing
- Visa works on blockchain B2B payment system
- Pizza Hut offers NFC tattoos that let customers order favourite takeaway