Apple Pay saw a “significant acceleration in usage” in the second half of 2015, Apple CEO Tim Cook reported during the company’s first quarter earnings call, with a growth rate 10 times higher than in the first half of the year. Cook also revealed that Apple Pay will soon be accepted at “thousands” of ExxonMobil gas stations across the US via the company’s Speedpass+ app. “There are now over 5m contactless payment ready locations in the countries where Apple Pay is live today,” he added.
- 600m mobile devices to include biometrics by 2021
- ANZ could offer mortgages through Apple Pay
- Mastercard and Verifone unveil Instalments payments app
- Austrian bank deploys NFC-ready ATMs
- Apple Pay launches in Spain