More than a third (34%) of browser-based online transactions globally are now made on a mobile device, compared to just over 30% last quarter, research from Adyen reveals. “The increase is driven particularly by major Asian-based payment methods including JCB, UnionPay and Alipay,” the firm says. “The UK continues to lead the way in mobile payment adoption, with 49% of online transactions on mobile devices.”
- Apple Pay arriving in Germany?
- Chicago mobile ticket app hits 1m downloads
- Dubai bus passengers to get hands-free smart ticketing
- Visa works on blockchain B2B payment system
- Pizza Hut offers NFC tattoos that let customers order favourite takeaway