Russian mobile payments startup PayQR has received an investment of 300m rubles (US$3.8m) from businessman Sergey Kozlovsky. “PayQR allows you to pay without a credit card and cash with the help of the so-called QR code,” Vedomosti reports. “In 2016, PayQR will also work via NFC.” The company raised US$1.5m from an unknown investor in 2014.
- Apple Pay arriving in Germany?
- Chicago mobile ticket app hits 1m downloads
- Dubai bus passengers to get hands-free smart ticketing
- Visa works on blockchain B2B payment system
- Pizza Hut offers NFC tattoos that let customers order favourite takeaway