Standards body GlobalPlatform has extended the scope of UICC Configuration, its implementation guide for deploying GlobalPlatform Card Specification v2.3 within the mobile services sector and managing the secure, over-the-air delivery of new services. “The requirements are in support of the 4G network and enhanced security (Advanced Encryption Standard (AES)-based secure channels),” GlobalPlatform told NFC World. “These cover a new scenario for the confidential loading of service providers’ keys.”
- UK consumers eye up iris scanning for banking biometrics
- LG to develop its own MST technology?
- Samsung Pay set to go live in Canada?
- NXP to be bought by Qualcomm in US$47bn deal
- NFC to lead sharp rise in global smart packaging market