A patent filed by Samsung describes how a sensor on a smartwatch or other wearable device could authenticate identity by reading the user’s vein structure. “A wearable device may capture an image of a portion or all of the user’s body and may identify the user wearing the wearable device based on the captured image,” the patent says. “For example, a smartwatch may be worn on the user’s wrist to capture an image of the user’s veins in order to identify a user.”
- LG to develop its own MST technology?
- Samsung Pay set to go live in Canada?
- NXP to be bought by Qualcomm in US$47bn deal
- NFC to lead sharp rise in global smart packaging market
- New MacBook Pro to support Touch ID?