Commuters on Dublin Bus and Iarnród Éireann rail services may soon be able to pay for transport with a tap of an NFC device under plans put forward by public transport operator CIÉ. “Plans published by CIÉ show that it wants to upgrade its IT systems to accommodate new forms of payments, including Apple Pay, Samsung Pay and Stripe,” Independent.ie reports. “The semi-state transport company is also eyeing alternative payment systems such as Android Pay, MasterPass and Visa Checkout.”
- Apple Pay arriving in Germany?
- Chicago mobile ticket app hits 1m downloads
- Dubai bus passengers to get hands-free smart ticketing
- Visa works on blockchain B2B payment system
- Pizza Hut offers NFC tattoos that let customers order favourite takeaway