Millions of dollars in withdrawals and “hundreds of thousands” of transactions have now been made via Cardless Cash, the ATM functionality launched by banking and payment technologies provider FIS in January 2015 to let customers withdraw cash using their smartphone. US banks including BMO Harris, Wintrust, WSFS, Salem Five and Avidia Bank have installed the functionality in their ATM network, with others including Popular Community Bank and Oriental Bank deploying the technology this year.
- 50% of Americans use mobile banking
- MyPay to launch mobile wallet in Myanmar
- Chili’s Grill & Bar to enable Android Pay at the table
- Pizza Hut Asia trials order and pay using a robot called Pepper
- Wells Fargo to launch NFC mobile payments