More than 30m Chinese consumers signed up to Apple Pay during its first day of launch in the country, China’s People’s Daily reports. Consumers reported experiencing difficulties when registering their payment cards to the mobile payment service but Apple has since told 9to5mac that the issues were due to a planned gradual rollout of the service throughout the day.
- Indian employees make NFC payments using everyday objects
- Two in three young Brits have made a mobile payment in-store
- Japanese bank eyes facial recognition
- IHG to accept Alipay in hotels worldwide
- NFC Ring circles the globe