More than 30m Chinese consumers signed up to Apple Pay during its first day of launch in the country, China’s People’s Daily reports. Consumers reported experiencing difficulties when registering their payment cards to the mobile payment service but Apple has since told 9to5mac that the issues were due to a planned gradual rollout of the service throughout the day.
- US and UK consumers warm to biometric authentication
- Polish bank gets HCE mobile payments through First Data and Bell ID
- Gemalto analyses success of SK Telecom’s NFC service
- Analyst predicts exceptional growth for Apple Pay due to secure element approach
- Apple Pay adds Visa, MasterCard and five major banks in Singapore