More than 30m Chinese consumers signed up to Apple Pay during its first day of launch in the country, China’s People’s Daily reports. Consumers reported experiencing difficulties when registering their payment cards to the mobile payment service but Apple has since told 9to5mac that the issues were due to a planned gradual rollout of the service throughout the day.
- White paper advises banks on launching Android-based mobile payment services
- Mastercard takes majority stake in VocaLink
- Visa reports EMV uptake in the US
- Motorists rewarded for mobile payments at the pump
- More than half of Irish consumers now using contactless