The company behind the PowaTag mobile payments platform has gone into administration, the Financial Times reports. Powa Technologies CEO Dan Wagner “sent an email to staff on Friday telling them that Wellington Management, its largest investor, had called in loans that it had made to the company and forced it into administration,” the publication says. The news follows reports late last week that the company had failed to pay its staff and suppliers.
- Apple Pay arriving in Germany?
- Chicago mobile ticket app hits 1m downloads
- Dubai bus passengers to get hands-free smart ticketing
- Visa works on blockchain B2B payment system
- Pizza Hut offers NFC tattoos that let customers order favourite takeaway