Users of Tencent’s WeChat mobile payment service will soon be able to authenticate transactions with a fingerprint. “This new fingerprint authentication, enabled by the Qualcomm Haven security platform’s authentication framework, means that users will be able to conduct online transactions on mobile devices using their fingerprint,” says technology provider Qualcomm Technologies, a subsidiary of chip maker Qualcomm. The service will be available on Vivo X6 smartphones, before rolling out to other devices in the coming months.
- Blockchain authentication for mobile transactions
- Intel to put Visa payments technology into connected devices
- Delhi commuters to get wearable travel cards
- School children test wearable payments in Singapore
- US banks unveil money-transfer app