Users of Tencent’s WeChat mobile payment service will soon be able to authenticate transactions with a fingerprint. “This new fingerprint authentication, enabled by the Qualcomm Haven security platform’s authentication framework, means that users will be able to conduct online transactions on mobile devices using their fingerprint,” says technology provider Qualcomm Technologies, a subsidiary of chip maker Qualcomm. The service will be available on Vivo X6 smartphones, before rolling out to other devices in the coming months.
- 600m mobile devices to include biometrics by 2021
- ANZ could offer mortgages through Apple Pay
- Mastercard and Verifone unveil Instalments payments app
- Austrian bank deploys NFC-ready ATMs
- Apple Pay launches in Spain