Users of Chase Pay will soon be able to buy food and drinks at more than 7,500 Starbucks cafés in the US through the coffee chain’s own mobile app or with the Chase Pay app. “[The] Chase Pay mobile app will be accepted at 7,500 Starbucks locations by the end of this year,” JPMorgan Chase’s Gordon Smith revealed at the bank’s 2016 Investor Day. The solution will also be “embedded in the Starbucks mobile app”. Chase Pay, unveiled in October 2015, is a closed-loop barcode based mobile payment system available to holders of 94m credit, debit and prepaid card accounts.
- Apple Pay arriving in Germany?
- Chicago mobile ticket app hits 1m downloads
- Dubai bus passengers to get hands-free smart ticketing
- Visa works on blockchain B2B payment system
- Pizza Hut offers NFC tattoos that let customers order favourite takeaway