Trust in Apple as a mobile wallet provider has increased to 25% among UK consumers, nearing the 27% trust shown for MasterCard, market researcher Marketing Sciences reveals. “Apple has improved from a figure of 18% back in summer 2014 to be trusted by fully 25% today,” the company’s Richard Snoxell writes in a blog post. PayPal has the highest trust rating with 40%, followed by banks (36%) and Visa (33%). Trust in Google stands at 17%.
- 600m mobile devices to include biometrics by 2021
- ANZ could offer mortgages through Apple Pay
- Mastercard and Verifone unveil Instalments payments app
- Austrian bank deploys NFC-ready ATMs
- Apple Pay launches in Spain