Some 37% of US merchant locations are now EMV-ready, according to management consulting firm The Strawhecker Group (TSG). “TSG’s previous survey of payment processors and other payment providers completed last September estimated that over 40% would be EMV-ready by this time, showing a slower pace of implementation than expected before the shift,” the company says. 50% of US merchants are expected to support EMV by June this year.
- Bank of America adds AI to mobile app
- US consumers ‘largely unfamiliar’ with contactless and mobile payments, research shows
- Mastercard to roll out biometric ID service in North America
- PayPal to be payment option in Messenger app
- App users positive on mobile payments