Mobile payments made at the point of sale in the US will increase 54% in 2016 compared to 2015, with continued growth expected through 2019, research from Packaged Facts predicts. “The forecast is predicated largely on continued movement toward smartphone usage saturation and an increase over time in the percentage of smartphone users making mobile payments at the point of sale,” the firm says.
- Transport for NSW seeks bright ideas
- MegaFon launches contactless card with carrier billing
- QuickPass launches in Macau
- Singapore aims for cashless society
- Barclaycard reveals large contactless increase across UK