Mobile payments made at the point of sale in the US will increase 54% in 2016 compared to 2015, with continued growth expected through 2019, research from Packaged Facts predicts. “The forecast is predicated largely on continued movement toward smartphone usage saturation and an increase over time in the percentage of smartphone users making mobile payments at the point of sale,” the firm says.
- Survey reports on use of Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay in the US
- Samsung Pay to begin beta test in Singapore
- Mobile biometrics market to see major growth
- Gemalto explores seven myths about mobile NFC
- Absa takes banking to Twitter