Apple Pay has attracted 12m monthly users globally since its launch in October 2014, while Google’s Android Pay has attracted 5m monthly users since becoming available in September 2015 and Samsung Pay has also attracted 5m monthly users, according to research by Crone Consulting which has been reported by Bloomberg. Those numbers equate to some 6% of consumers able to make use of Apple Pay, the company estimates, compared to 4% for Samsung Pay and 1% for Android Pay.
- Apple Pay arriving in Germany?
- Chicago mobile ticket app hits 1m downloads
- Dubai bus passengers to get hands-free smart ticketing
- Visa works on blockchain B2B payment system
- Pizza Hut offers NFC tattoos that let customers order favourite takeaway