Apple Pay has attracted 12m monthly users globally since its launch in October 2014, while Google’s Android Pay has attracted 5m monthly users since becoming available in September 2015 and Samsung Pay has also attracted 5m monthly users, according to research by Crone Consulting which has been reported by Bloomberg. Those numbers equate to some 6% of consumers able to make use of Apple Pay, the company estimates, compared to 4% for Samsung Pay and 1% for Android Pay.
- Lessons learned from implementing HCE for cloud-based NFC mobile payments — See the webinar now on NFC World
- Cartes Bancaires picks Gemalto to ease member banks’ NFC mobile payments offer
- Alipay comes to more Australian stores
- Australian bank reveals NFC payments sticker use
- Apple Pay adds US and Australian banks