Nearly half of US point of sale merchants (44%) are using or have requested information about mobile wallet solutions and 67% of those wanted Apple Pay, an investor note by Piper Jaffray analyst Gene Munster reported by Barron’s reveals. “That figure dwarfs the 18% that requested Android Pay/Google Wallet, 8% for PayPal and 7% for Samsung Pay,” the report adds.
- 50% of Americans use mobile banking
- MyPay to launch mobile wallet in Myanmar
- Chili’s Grill & Bar to enable Android Pay at the table
- Pizza Hut Asia trials order and pay using a robot called Pepper
- Wells Fargo to launch NFC mobile payments